Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Morning Football


(A post that I started a few weeks ago which was far more relevant then.) Monday mornings in Perth are much like Monday mornings in Meppel. I wake up with a mild hangover and an achy body. Well at least I wake up with an achy body every other week. Due to the import rules of this league, an import pitcher can only pitch every other week. Yesterday I played 1st base for the clubs “A grade” team which where the “boys” who have been playing with the club for 20 years have been playing. It is always fun to get a bat in my hands even when we lose by ten runs. It’s also nice not to have peel my body off my bed the next morning after an 180 pitch effort. (My thinking is that if I only get to pitch once every two weeks, I am going to make every pitch win, lose, or draw.)

Mondays are a slow day for me the Burger Shack is closed on Mondays and catering doesn’t really happen so all I have to do is get into the gym at some point.  So I wake up, cook and omelet and post up on the couch and watch whatever game the Australian Fox affiliate decides to broadcast to me. This is where my first attempt ends. I don’t remember where I was going with this but besides this; I have had some pretty successful Mondays. I got my bank account, jobs, mobile phone, internet, rental room and tax details. I guess that’s it. You can only be so successful without at car here. I will leave that for next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment