Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Why It Is Hard to Write

First off, hello to all the people from "Santa Rosa's Original"

It has become harder to write this blog. In the beginning, with every new experience, I would write down notes on my hand or in my little journal/team practice plan/workout plan/post-game notes notebook that I keep with me and think in my head how I could phrase them in their most honest and funny essence. But then a couple things happened. I got comfortable and I got busy.

For a few weeks, all I wanted to do was rest catch up after a crazy last month at home. That gave me a lot of time to write. Then, more and more, I got settled here and comfortable with the people. I started accepted offers from my hosts to do this and go there. Although I enjoy it, it takes me a lot of time to write what I think. With lots of activities and really trying to make my Bad News Bears into a real baseball team, my time diminished. 

Another side effect from all the interaction with these nice people was that my perspective began to change. The thoughts in my head were no longer that objective or original. Add to that the fact that more people here started read the blog here than back home. I had to worry about accuracy (pff whatever!) The goal was no longer being honest and funny. And since I really have no desire to write and would have no desire to read a narrative account of what I do every day, I only write introductions and outlines and save them.
Continued on next post…

No comments:

Post a Comment